Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

OnlineBible-Study - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* OnlineBible-Study > Topics

Subject: PSALM 83:18
Replies: 14 Views: 2338

coolit 17.07.09 - 05:59am
In your copy of the Bible, how is Psalm 83:18 translated?

Here's how the famous Bible translations render Psalm 83:18 *

coolit 17.07.09 - 06:02am
King James Version:

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. *

coolit 17.07.09 - 06:05am
American Standard Version

That they may know that thou alone whose name is Jehovah, Art the Most High over all the earth. *

coolit 17.07.09 - 06:11am
Young's Literal Translation:

And they may know that thou, (thy name is Jehovah- by Thyself) art the Most High over all the earth. *

coolit 17.07.09 - 06:17am
Webster BibleTranslation:

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. *

coolit 17.07.09 - 06:20am
Darby Bible Translation:

That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, art the Most High over all the earth. *

coolit 17.07.09 - 06:23am
New International Version

Let them know that you, whose name is the LORD- that you alone are the Most High over all the earth. *

coolit 17.07.09 - 06:30am
(note: notice that NIV, so do other translations, leave out the name JEHOVAH, replacing it with the title 'LORD'. However, in the original holy scriptures, the Divine Name appears there in Hebrew letters.)

Who really is Jehovah? *

coolit 17.07.09 - 06:37am
Psalm 83:18 gives us insight about Jehovah. Consider what the said text says about Jehovah:

...you alone are the Most High... *

coolit 17.07.09 - 06:55am
The phrase you alone are the Most High tells us that Jehovah is the Highest God, the Grandest. He is at the topmost as to place, or position. In effect, He is the Almighty God. No one else is higher than Him. Jehovah alone is the Most High.

Also, the word 'alone' implies that He is not a trinitarian God. Jehovah is one God. This agrees with Deut. 6:4 which reads: ...Jehovah our God is one Jehovah... *

coolit 17.07.09 - 07:03am
Moreover, the phrase That men may know tells us that there'll come a time when all people shall know Jehovah.

In the whole Chapter 83 of Psalm, Asaph, the writer, asks Jehovah to act for the sake of His people; to stand up against the enemies of His nation 'that men may know that Jehovah alone is the Most High.' *

coolit 17.07.09 - 07:20am
Surely, Jehovah will act for His people. In Ezekiel 38:23 we read:

And I shall certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations and they will have to know that I am Jehovah. (NWT)

Ask yourself: Have I come to know Jehovah? Does my religion teach about the Most High God? If not, why does my religion not teach about Jehovah, the Most High? Investigate now! *

coolit 17.07.09 - 07:52am
Your quest for truth will be rewarding! Psalm 144:15 says: Happy is the people whose God is Jehovah. (nwt, compare asv)

Why are they happy? Because they have known the God of Truth. (Ps. 31:5) *

coolit 17.07.09 - 07:58am
What are you going to do now?

Zephaniah 2:3 encourage you to: seek Jehovah, all you meek ones of the earth... Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you may be concealed in the day of Jehovah's anger. *

jayc08 4.09.09 - 01:38am
That's a very serious urge. Thank you for taking time to post those very important Bible Truths brother Coolit. I was encouraged when i read the topics and the replies, especially when I realized ur effort here. Just keep continuous in doing the same efforts, I'm sure you're making Jehovah's heart rejoice! (Prov 27:11)pls accept my brotherly Regards and Greetings to u and to the congregation you belong *

* OnlineBible-Study Forum

Search:
topics replies

* OnlineBible-Study

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits