Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

OnlineBible-Study - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* OnlineBible-Study > Topics

Subject: BIBLE-STUDY WITH WAITTIKI
Replies: 27 Views: 1684

coolit 22.03.09 - 10:27am
@waittiki, pls choose a topic which you want us to study. (btw, if you have a comment on whatever article in this forum pls post it here for convenience. Thanks!) *

waittiki 22.03.09 - 12:29pm
Thank you coolit.Now their are 3 things that i would like for us to have in mind when working through Gods word always.The first being that we must follow the method of always compairing verse by verse as instructed by God in 1Corinthians 2v13 bearing in mind that all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof,for correction,for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.2Timothy 3v16.The second being that Christ spoke in parables and without a parable He did not speak,Matthew 13v10-17,Mark 4v10-12,Luke 8v9-10.The third is that we must understand that the bible was writen by God as we read in 2Peter 1v21 and we must stand in the whole of Gods COUNSEL and regard the whole bible, both the old and the new testament as Gods word. *

coolit 22.03.09 - 12:58pm
Very well said. So be it. So what is the 1st topic that we should be examining? *

waittiki 22.03.09 - 01:12pm
Now i have two subjects that i would like for us to look at very carefully and they are SALVATION and TIME.Lets start out with salvation cause its one of the most missunderstood of them all.Is salvation a WORK that we must do or is it Gods work.Most Churches teach that we must believe and accept Christ inorder to be saved.This is incorrect and does not agree with the bible at all.When we read a verse like John 3v16 without compairing it to the rest of the bible,it is very easy to think that Christ died for the whole world.Only by compairing do we came to truth.Now take a look at Romans 9v15-18 and 8v28-30,Ephesians 1v3 and 2v8-9.This verses clearly teach that its not our choice that counts but that of the LORD who chose us long before He created the world.Compare Romans 10v13 with Psalms 80v18 from your King James bible and not those NIV that are full of err.There you will see that believing is as the result of salvation and not the bases for it.Before anyone is saved,he is dead in his sins. *

coolit 23.03.09 - 12:27am
Ok, lets put it simply, and take it one at a time. We must stick first to this question: 'How are we going to be saved?' It is true that our salvation is not in our hands, rather, it is in God's hands. However, we have to do something for us to be saved. Consider the case of Noah. *

waittiki 23.03.09 - 05:37am
Then if thats the case coolit then what would we say about the theif on the cross?What did he do?Christ who was right next to him never even told him that he has to accept him failer to which he will go to hell,nither did he even get baptised.God hates anyone who tries to contribute toward his own salvation.Noah was saved by what God told him to do and not the other way round.You know coolit, when i accepted Christ thinking that that is what i must do to be saved,i realized by the help of true christians that i had put all my trust on what i had done rather than look to see what God had done.I was like someone who had taken up my own apparel that is strange to the Lord.Look at Zephaniah 1v8 and Isaiah 30v1.This warning is written everywhere in the bible by God in parabolic language.Look at Isaiah 10v15.Shall an ax boast itself against him that heweth therewith?? Look at Isaiah 29v23-24 and notice the words WORK OF MINE HANDS.Look at Isaiah 5v12-14 and carefully notice what God says there. *

waittiki 23.03.09 - 06:06am
Salvation is the work of God alone and is given only to those He chose that belong to Christ His son for no man can came to Christ except God DRAW HIM.John 6v44.I assure you my bro,this things i tell you will never be heard or tought in any church cause they want to contribute towards salvation thus giveing themselfs confidence in the work of their own hands and not of God.How can there be any glory in that to the Lord??Can a person who is dead in his sins raise himself up?I think not. *

coolit 23.03.09 - 06:06am
What do you understand at luke 18:18-22? *

coolit 23.03.09 - 06:10am
What did Jesus mean at Luke 13:24? *

waittiki 23.03.09 - 08:26am
Good question coolit.Now after the rich man had asked Christ what should he do to inherit eternal life in Luke 18v18-22,Christ refers to the law of which the rich man said he had kept.We know very well that keeping of the law does not bring everlast life as we read in Romans 9v31-33 so after hearing what the rich man said,Christ told him to sell all he had and follow Him.Something we know he found very hard to do.In John 3v5-8 we read that a man must be born again.This is clearly again a work that only God can do.Look also at 1Peter1v23 and take notice of what the King James version say there as to the NIV. *

waittiki 23.03.09 - 09:07am
In Luke 13v24, Christ is talking about the way of TRUTH which we are all suppose to enter in.Many will fail to do so cause they dont have the TRUE KNOWLEDGE and they think that they have attained salvation through the work of their own hands,cause its what they have been tought.Notice what it says in verse 26 of Luke 13.The key of knowledge has been taken away as we read in Luke 11v52.Luke 13v24 is similar to Mattew 7v22 where again we find those who thought they were saved cause of the work they had done.They did not have the TRUE KNOWLEDGE thus the door of the house was closed and they were left out.Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times,and strength of SALVATION,the fear of the LORD is his treasure.Isaiah 33v6.The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the CONGREGATION OF THE DEAD.Proverbs 21v16. *

coolit 23.03.09 - 10:54pm
So, do you mean that you will never do any effort on your part? That's actually a selfish thing. You menti0n TRUE KNOWLEDGE. What do you think? Does true knowlegde c0me automatically? What does Proverbs 2:4,5 say? Do y0u make an eff0rt to find the true knowledge? I agree that salvati0n c0mes fr0m God and it is n0t gained by our works. Salvati0n is a gift fr0m God. Howevr, for us to deserve it, we have to do s0mething. We just dont sit and relax and wait for our salvati0n. *

waittiki 24.03.09 - 01:48am
Now coolit,what do you mean by telling me SELFISH??? *

coolit 24.03.09 - 02:26am
I was refering to the 'action' n0t on you.. As for me, it is selfishness if I don't do anything. If God 'chooses' me to be saved then I must do what he requires that i may always deserve salvation. I must show my appreciati0n, gratitude, by doing 'works' of faith, not to gain my salvation, but to make me m0re deserving for it. *

waittiki 24.03.09 - 05:29am
I agree with you.Once you are saved all the work you do is to the glory of God.Proverbs 2v4-5 is a beautiful example you gave of a person who God has put within him the desire to want to learn everything about God but as to gainning salvation,one has to have in mind that God has to give a new heart and a new spirit as we read in Ezekiel 36v24-30, something which is imposible to him that is not saved.In lamentations 3v26 we read that it is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord. *

coolit 24.03.09 - 10:05am
Alright, so we both agree at the same point. Then maybe we must step higher now, what's the 2nd topic? TIME? Pls introduce the topic. *

waittiki 24.03.09 - 12:18pm
Okey.Now as christians,are we to the time of the end when Christ will return?Many christians and churches will with no doubt say N0.When we very carefully examine what the bible say,we find that its possible.God's salvation involves every bit of time.Look at Matthew 24v32-33.Christ uses a fig tree as a simbol of time.The book of Daniel is also based on time.1 Thessalonians 5v1-9 we find there the CHILDREN OF LIGHT who in verse 4 are not in darkness that that day should overtake them as a thief.In Ecclesiastes 3v1-8,God there really puts alot of emphasis on the issue of time.If you have a concordance check out how God uses the word KNOWETH and you will see it has 2 sides to it.One of them is EXPIRIENCE and the other is KNOWING.when we compair Mark 13v32 and Luke 1v34 against the rest of the bible,it is clear that we are suppose to know the time and seasons,other wise it would be imposible for God to guide us through time and the events that came at the end times. *

waittiki 24.03.09 - 12:33pm
We find in Matthew 8v29 something very intresting.We read :And behold,they cried out,saying,what have we to do with thee,Jesus,thou Son of God?art thou come hither to torment us BEFORE THE TIME? :Now tell me how would devils know the time when we don't.Look at Luke 12v39.If Christ is going to come as a thief in the night then we as christians are to WATCH and to watch in our case is to know the TIME. *

coolit 24.03.09 - 10:01pm
Your research is commendable. Regarding 'time', the bible usually use the phrase 'appointed times' in greek, 'kairos'. This doesnt mean specific 60minutes : or specific hour or day. It means 'season, or period'. So, appointed time means: 'fixed and definite period.' Using this knowledge, we may know the TIME that the devils mentioned. In genesis 3:15, it was prophecied that Jesus will crush the serpent Satan, including his demons. *

coolit 24.03.09 - 10:14pm
The devils somehow know the sequence of the prophecies c0ncerning their destructi0n. So they say: are you goin to torment us b4 the TIME?. I agree that we can time SOME bible prophecies, ex. Daniel 9:2, but NOTall. Christ' Return is possible to time. *

waittiki 25.03.09 - 06:28am
Bear in mind my friend that Noah for example was told by God EXACTLY when the flood water would came.The city of Nineveh was also told to the very DAY their city would be destroyed.Now we as Christians of the END TIMES are faced with a much much worse situation that the world has ever seen and we ought to know when that is.I will tell you why this issue of time has came about in our day when before no one would have thought or imagined.In the book of Daniel we read in 12v4, God telling Daniel to SHUT UP THE WORDS and seal the book even to the TIME OF THE END.Now bearing in mind what i had said earlier about the parabolic language found in the bible,we have to understand the meaning of those verses.SHUT UP THE WORDS in this case means PREVENTION OF UNDERSTANDING,as in, no one will understand what Daniel has writen down until the TIME OF THE END which we are currently in.Amazeingly,God has OPENED UP THE SEAL.I hope you understand this cause it is very inportant and touches on a MAJOR event in our time. *

waittiki 25.03.09 - 07:52am
I have not worked on Daniel 9v2 before but i do know this,that Daniel was the only one given the sequence of time that follow the return of Christ.That is why Christ Himself in Matthew 24v15 when asked about the END TIMES referred us back 500 years from His time to the book of Daniel.Jeremiah on the other hand was given by God the events that follow the return of Christ and to our utter consternation the distruction of the temple which we now know to be the CHURCH. *

coolit 25.03.09 - 11:50am
Alright you have a pt. Now, let's find out THE EXACT TIME OF CHRIST'S RETURN. Let's use daniel chap 4. Youll be suprised to know this truth! *

waittiki 26.03.09 - 12:07pm
I have a feeling i will cause we agree at list on two major issues.Now,while i wait for you,their is one subject that i would like to compare what you know with what i have here.Its all about the GREAT TRIBULATION.Is it a time of great hunger,wars,and death?Now again when we remember the parabolic language found in the bible,it becames clear that the term TRIBULATION has two sides to it.We find it used as a time of great famine where their is no BREAD AND WATER.The tribulation that will came in Matt 24 will not be of hunger and great famine upon the land,it will be that of TRUE KNOWLEDGE,as in, the bread of life.The bread that is Christ Himself as we read in John 6v35 as well as Mark 4v4.Look at Amos 8v11-13.This verse in particular is pointing to our time.Now the only place that this can happen can only be the church where the WORD OF GOD,the bible is.This is why Christ tells us to escape to the mountains in Matt 24v15-16.We need to know the TIME of this happening from the book of Daniel inorder to escape. *

waittiki 26.03.09 - 07:43pm
Its also very intresting to note how God used the past events we find in books like Jeremiah,Ezekiel,Isaiah etc to draw a picture of what He saw as the future.One passage that protrays this is found in the book of Isaiah 14v12.Notice the incredible difference in both the King James and those NIV'S.Now God their suddenly starts talking about satan in the middle of passages that are of the king of babylon.This passage is similer to Daniel chapter 4 which you mentioned eariler.Only now do we know that both in the eyes of God are as one thing.The king of babylon did to Jerusalem what satan will to the church.Many shall go into captivity to satans lies as the jews did to the king of babylon.Look at Isaiah 5v12-14.Remember what we read in Matt 24v15.In the book of Luke 21v20-24, we read of ARMIES surrounding the city and many going into captivity.Matt 24v15 is another perfect example of why Christ asked us to look to the past to see the future.Judgement shall begin in the house of the LORD. *

waittiki 26.03.09 - 08:43pm
The warning of that has always been there even from the days of Adam and Eve,for if satan could do what he did to Eve,how much more will he to the bride of Christ?Look at the book of Revelation chapter 12.Notice verse 13.Again unless you search out the meaning of this passages,you will not understand the spiritual implication of it.Satan's distruction is protrayed as the distruction of babylon, that great city.When ever sin cames into the hearts of the congregation, God allowed the father of that sin to distroy them like in the days of old.History is repeating itself.Not one stone shall be left upon another Christ said.In Luke 21v36 we read ;Watch ye therefore,and pray always that ye may be ACCOUNTED WORTHY TO ESCAPE ALL THESE THINGS THAT SHALL COME TO PASS,and to stand before the Son of man.If God in Ezekiel 7v1-7 was talking for one minute about the complite END of Israel,it would have never ever came back as a nation in the 1940s.WE are the ones in full view in those verses. *

coolit 26.03.09 - 10:18pm
The Great Tribulation will start off at the destruction of the babylon the great. That would be enuf 4 n0w. Lets take it slow and easy. I suggest that we should just study one book at a time. And i suggest the b0ook of daniel. Would that be alryt? N0w on chapter 4v10-17 daniel had a visi0n of a tree being cut down and was not allowed to grow after SEVEN TIMES. The first fulfillment of this happened to Nebuchadnezzar. However, at v17 it shows that the great fulfillment will happen with the 'lowliest of mankind' Jesus Christ! *

waittiki 3.04.09 - 08:16am
Am sorry about the delay and keep you waiting.Now, after reading what you posted on 1914 i disagree with you sir.1914 is what your denomination teaches but not what the bible teaches sir.King Nebuchadnezzar is used of by God as a picture of satan who will dominate the world by distorying the churches.This i tell you my friend is one event that many christians and bible teachers did not expect.The moment sin comes into the hearts of the congragation, God will give up that church to the enemy who has brought that sin or evil.The church is no exception. The temple was distroyed by this nation just as the church will by satan and his armies. There is no way anyone can see that unless we learn to read the whole bible compairing what you find in this verses against the rest of the bible. That is why i had tried earlier to give you two verse to compaire to see the bigger picture of what it means. If you did what i asked, maybe you would have seen what i mean. *

* OnlineBible-Study Forum

Search:
topics replies

* OnlineBible-Study

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits