Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

OnlineBible-Study - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* OnlineBible-Study > Topics

Subject: JESUS CHRIST: THE SON OF GOD
Replies: 8 Views: 931

coolit 13.03.09 - 10:41pm
JESUS CHRIST: The name and title of the Son of God from the time of his anointing while on earth. The name Jesus (Gr. Iesous) corresponds to the hebrew name, 'Jeshua' (or in fuller form, Jehoshua), meaning, 'Jehovah Is Salvation.' 'Christ' is from the greek 'Khristos,' the equivalent of the hebrew, 'Mashiach' (Messiah), and means 'Anointed one.' Whereas the expression 'anointed one' was properly applied to others before Jesus, such as Moses, Aaron, and David, the position, office, or service to which these were anointed only prefigured the superior position, office, and service of Jesus Christ. Jesus is therefore preeminently and uniquely 'the Christ, the Son of the living God.' -Matthew 16:16 *

coolit 13.03.09 - 11:21pm
PREHUMAN EXISTENCE: The person who became known as Jesus Christ did not begin life here on earth. He himself spoke of his prehuman heavenly life. (John 3:13; 6:38, 62; 8:23, 42, 58) ___John 1:1,2 gives the heavenly name of the one who became Jesus, saying: ' In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god ('was divine,' AT; Mo; or 'of divine being,' Bhmer ) This one was in the beginning with God.' ___Since Jehovah is eternal and had no beginning (Ps 90:2; Rev 15:3), the Word's being with God from 'the beginning' must here refer to the beginning of Jehovah's creative works. This is confirmed by other texts identifying Jesus as 'the firstborn of all creation; the beginning of the creation by God.'(Col 1:15, Rev 3:14) Thus the Scriptures indentify the Word (Jesus in his prehuman existence) as God's first creation, his firstborn Son. *

coolit 14.03.09 - 05:15am
WHY HE IS CALLED THE 'ONLY-BEGOTTEN SON': Jesus' being called the 'only-begotten Son' (John 1:14; 3:16,18, 1John 4:9) does not mean that the other spirit creatures produced were not God's sons, for they are called God's sons as well.( Ge 6:2,4; Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:4-7) However, by virtue of his being the sole direct creation of his Father, the firstborn Son was unique, different from all others of God's sons, all of whom were created or begotten by Jehovah through that firstborn Son. So 'the Word' was Jehovah's 'only-begotten Son' in particular sense, even as Isaac was Abraham's 'only-begotten son' in a particular sense ( his father already having another son but not by his wife Sarah)-Heb 11:17, Ge 16:15 *

coolit 17.03.09 - 06:01am
IS JESUS ALMIGHTY GOD? The common answers are: (1) 'Yes, Jesus is God Almighty.' Or(2) 'Jesus was the manifestation of God in the flesh.' WHAT DID JESUS SAY? (1) 'If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.'(John 14:28)-- Jesus acknowledged that he and his Father are not equal. (2) 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.'(John 20:17) --Jesus did not speak of himself as God but spoke of God as a separate Person. *

coolit 17.03.09 - 06:06am
Jesus claimed to be the Son of God, not Almighty God. If Jesus were God, to whom was he praying while here on earth?(Mat. 14:23; 26:26-29) Surely Jesus was not just pretending to talk to someone else! *

coolit 17.03.09 - 06:12am
When two of Jesus' disciples asked him for special positions in his Kingdom, he answered: 'This sitting down at my right hand and at my left is not mine to give, but it belongs to those for whom it has been prepared by my Father.' (Mat. 20:23) Was Jesus telling them a lie when he stated that he did not have the authority to grant their request? Hardly! Rather, he humbly acknowledge that only God has the authority to make such decisions. *

coolit 17.03.09 - 06:23am
WAS JESUS LOWER THAN GOD ONLY WHILE HE WAS A MAN HERE ON EARTH?- No. Even after his death and resurrection, Jesus is described in the bible as being subordinate to God. The apostle Paul reminds us that 'God is supreme over Christ.'-1Co 11:3 Today's English Version) Clearly, Jesus is not God Almighty. That is why he spoke of his Father as 'my God'- before and after his resurrection.- Matthew 27:46; Revelation 3:2,12; 2Co 1:3,4. *

coolit 14.04.09 - 12:00pm
HOW GOD'S SON CAN BENEFIT YOU__Why did God transfer his only-begotten Son from heaven to earth, there ultimately to die a cruel death? 'In order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.'-John 3:16- Yes, only by dying could Jesus 'give his soul a ransom in exchange for many.'-Matthew 20:28- Truly, in all history, no one has shown greater love for humankind than Jehovah and his firstborn Son.-Romans 8:32.___Following his death, Jesus 'was declared God's Son' in a very special and powerful way, 'by means of resurrection from the dead' back to life as a spirit Son of God.(Ro 1:4; 1Pe 3:18) Then, after waiting patiently at his Father's side for almost 19 centuries,(33CE-1914CE) Jesus was enthroned as King of God's Kingdom- a heavenly government that will soon rule over the entire earth. -Psalm 2:7,8; Daniel 7:13,14. *

coolit 16.04.09 - 11:16am
HOW CAN YOU SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR WHAT THE SON OF GOD HAS DONE FOR YOU? ...Exercise faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus himself said: 'He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life.'(John 3:36) How can we exercise faith in Jesus? Such faith is not shown by words alone. 'Faith without works is dead,' says James 2:26. Yes, true faith is proved by 'works', that is, by our actions. One way to show that we have faith in Jesus is by doing our best to imitate him not just in what we say but also in what we do. _John 13:15 *

This topic is locked.
* OnlineBible-Study Forum

Search:
topics replies

* OnlineBible-Study

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits