Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

OnlineBible-Study - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* OnlineBible-Study > Topics

Subject: JEHOVAH: THE DIVINE NAME
Replies: 10 Views: 1600

coolit 13.03.09 - 10:14am
JEHOVAH (He Causes to Become): The personal name of God. (Isa 42:8; 54:5) Though Scripturally designated by such descriptive titles as 'God,' 'Sovereign Lord,' 'Creator,' 'Father,' 'the Almighty,' and 'the Most High,' his personality and attributes- who and what he is- are fully summed up and expressed only in this personal name, JEHOVAH.- Ps 83:18 *

coolit 13.03.09 - 10:49am
God gave himself a name that is full of meaning. His name, Jehovah, means that God can fulfill any promise he makes and can carry out any purpose he has in mind. God's name is unique, one of a kind. It belongs only to him. *

coolit 13.03.09 - 10:55am
HOW IMPORTANT IS GOD's NAME?- Consider the model prayer that Jesus Christ gave. It begins this way: 'Our Father in the heavens, let your NAME be sanctified.'-Mat 6:9. Later, Jesus prayed to God: 'Father, glorify your name.' In response, God spoke from heaven saying: ' I both glorified it and will glorify it again.' -John 12:28. Clearly, God's name is of the utmost importance. *

coolit 16.03.09 - 01:26pm
Psalm 83:18: 'That men may know that thou, whose NAME alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.'

Joel 2:32/Romans 10:13...everyone who calls on the name of JEHOVAH will get away safe... *

coolit 16.03.09 - 01:33pm
Isaiah 12:2,4: 'Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid, for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. (King James Version)... Give thanks to Jehovah, you people! Call upon his NAME. Make known among the peoples his dealings. Make mention that his NAME is put on high.'-NWT

Exodus 3:15'This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, 'Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name to time indefinite, and it is the memorial of me to generation after generation.' *

coolit 16.03.09 - 01:42pm
Psalm 113:1,2: 'Praise ye Jehovah. Praise, O, ye servants of Jehovah. Praise the NAME of Jehovah. Blessed be the NAME of Jehovah from this time forth and forevermore.' American Standard Version *

coolit 21.03.09 - 09:34pm
JEHOVAH WANTS YOU TO KNOW WHO HE IS! In the original bible m cripts the DIVINE NAME appears thousands of times! Around 7,000 times! Thus, Jehovah is using the Bible to introduce himself to us. Sadly, modern Bible translators removed his NAME from their Bible, replacing it with the titles: 'LORD' or 'GOD.' In replacing God's name with titles, Bible translators make a serious mistake. They make God seem remote and impersonal, whereas the Bible urges humans to cultivate 'intimacy with Jehovah'(Ps 25:14) *

coolit 21.03.09 - 09:40pm
Now, think of an intimate friend of yours. How close would you really be if you never learned your friend's name? Similarly, when people are kept in ignorance about God's name, Jehovah, how can they become truly close to God? *

coolit 5.04.09 - 11:31pm
A Name You Can Trust! Just as a signature validates a check, God's personal name: Jehovah, guarantees all the promises recorded in the Bible. 'In his holy name we have put our trust,' said a Bible writer who often experienced God's loving care. -Psalm 33:21; 34: 4,6. *

coolit 23.04.09 - 01:50pm
WHERE IS GOD'S NAME FOUND IN BIBLE TRANSLATIONS THAT ARE COMMONLY USED TODAY?

The New English Bible: The name Jehovah appears at Exodus 3:15; 6:3. See also Gen. 22:14; Exo 17:15; Judges 6:24 and Eze 48:35.

King James Version: The name Jehovah is found at Exodus 6:3; Psalm 83:18; Isaiah 12:2; 26:4. See also Gen. 22:14; Exo. 17:15; Judg. 6:24.

American Standard Version:The name Jehovah is used consistently in the Hebrew Scriptures in this translation beginning with Genesis 2:4.

The Emphatic Diaglott:The name Jehovah is found at Matthew 21:9 and in 17 other places in this translation of the [New Testament] Christian Greek Scriptures.

The Holy Bible by R. Young: The name Jehovah is found throughout the Hebrew Scriptures in this literal translation. *

coolit 24.04.09 - 10:05am
Does the divine name (JHVH) appear in ancient m cripts of the Christian Greek Scriptures or the so-called New Testament?

The answer is yes. Commenting on the fact that the oldest fragments of the Greek Septuagint do contain the divine name in its Hebrew form, Dr. P. Kahle says: 'We now know that the Greek Bible text, [the Septuagint] as far as it was written by Jews for Jews did not translate the Divine name by kyrios or lord, but the Tetragrammaton written with Hebrew or Greek letters was retained in such MSS[M cripts] It was the (apostate) Christians who replaced the Tetragrammaton by kyrios/lord, when the divine name written in Hebrew letters was not understood any more.-(The Cairo Geniza,Oxford, p. 222)

Prof. George Howard of the University of Georgia, wrote: 'Since the Tetragram (JHVH/YHWH in Hebrew character) was still written in the copies of the Greek Bible which made up the Scriptures of the early church, it is reasonable to believe that the New Testament writers, when quoting from the Scripture, preserved the Tetragram within the biblical text.'Journal of Biblical Literature, p. 77 *

* OnlineBible-Study Forum

Search:
topics replies

* OnlineBible-Study

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits